CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Visit from the Green Family!


We were so excited to have our KC friends Jeff and Kara Green come up to visit last weekend, along with their two girls, Avery (5) and Ellery (almost 3)! They were here for a somewhat action packed three day weekend.


They arrived Thursday night. Not much to tell there. I think that the girls really enjoyed running around the "farm", and catching fireflies. Also, Kara was perplexed by all the corn. She had no idea that the corn you see around here is for feeding animals... not humans! She also could not believe the amount of corn between here and KC. I believe that quote was, "Do we really need that much corn in the United States?" Again, it is to feed the animals that we in turn eat ourselves, so the answer is a resounding, "YES! We really do need all that corn!"


Friday we went to the Omaha Zoo. We started off at the Skyfari, the new attraction this year. It was "OK". We spent about three hours there, and while the weather was surprisingly good, we were pooped, and most of us were ready to go!


Saturday, it was off to the movies. The men took the kids to see the newest Ice Age flick, and Kara and I took in a chick flick, My Sister's Keeper. Those of you that know me, know that I cry at the drop of a hat, and at a movie about a kid with cancer, this couldn't have been a good choice. I however, did very well... three tears. Kara was a mess. That girl can do the "Oprah Ugly Cry" with the best of them (I can make fun of this, because I too have quite the "Ugly Cry"!)


After we got back to the house, it was off to Eagle Days. I think we got there at the wrong time, because there wasn't a whole lot going on. We let the kiddos play on the bouncy toys, and then it was back home to the AC!


Lots of Phase 10 was played (by Kara and me), and some Wii Tiger Woods disc golf was played by the men. All in all, a good visit!


No comments: