CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 19, 2009

New Challenge/Adventure/Journey

Last week I had the pleasure of visiting every doctor under the sun. When you are a "problem child" in the medical area (such as myself!) it is a pain in the rear to move. Well, it was time. So, I got a new primary physician two weeks ago, and she referred me to my millions of new doctors. Upon doing my bloodwork, it was determined that my cholesteral is off the charts (BAD!) and my diabetes could use some work as well. In addition, I have been wanting to lose weight, but needing a nudge. Well, nudged I got! They aren't forcing me, but tomorrow, I am starting the Glycemic Index Diet. I bought the book, and some food tonight at the store (what I remembered off the cuff from reading, I've got a real list ready to go to the store tomorrow!) I am ready. The treadmill is plugged in and ready to go.

I am going to do a daily food journal, and will blog about my experience as I begin this journey. I am hoping to lose 70 pounds (YIKES!). Say a few prayers for me, (Jeff and Josh!) as I'm sure the first days and weeks of this lifestyle change will not be a pleasant one!

Here's to a healthier me!

No comments: