Sunday, January 23, 2011

I'm So Over It!

So, here I sit at 12:15 in the morning. It is not unusual for me to stay up late, however, tonight I am wide awake because Jeff is leaving in the morning for a week. That in itself is fine. What I am not happy about is the fact that we are in the middle of a snow storm. I really pushed for Jeff to leave this afternoon, but he couldn't talk his boss into it. So, this morning (Sunday) in about 3 hours (3:15 am), he will head out to Lincoln to meet his boss. And then from there, the two of them will trek over to Omaha. I am already dreading the morning and sitting around anxiously waiting for him to call and let me know that he made it. I am stressing about it already. Stupid snow. So, that is what I am over... SNOW! And WINTER! Let it be Spring already!

So, other than the stress of that, things are going well here. Yesterday (still seems like today to me,) was Jeff's birthday. I wish that I could say that we did something exciting, but we didn't. We went to Lincoln in the morning and ran some errands. We ate birthday lunch at Taco John's and had birthday churros for dessert. We headed back to town for mass this afternoon, and then had our favorite for supper... One Eyed Dog. Love that place. And Jeff got his supper for free because it was his birthday week. Cool.

Josh is doing well. He is still really enjoying school. Friday night we attended the Cub Scouts Pinewood Derby for his pack. Jeff really enjoyed making Josh's car. For anyone reading, that is right up his alley. Josh didn't care at all. The top 5 cars advanced to regionals. Josh came in 6th. Oh well! There is always next year. This was Jeff and Josh's first go round, so I am sure that Jeff will do some extensive research between now and then. One of the older boys decorated and designed his car to look like an iPod touch on wheels. It even had a jack for the earplugs. It was really neat.

I am doing well. I am working what I would consider pretty much full-time at this point. I am still doing medical transcription for my uncle. It is extremely interesting. I started another client about 6 weeks ago. This client is kind of two-pronged. They have both transcription and editing documents that were done with voice recognition software. I started wht voice recognition software editing in December and was able to get my feet wet with that. It was a challenge at first (that makes it sound like it isn't anymore... it still is), as it was a new specialty, radiology. It really is a whole new animal for me. I went to Yankton to train on the actual transcription portion at the beginning of January. It has been a real learning experience, but the lady who trained me sent me a note on Friday to say thanks and that I am doing a great job. That is always nice to hear. So, I am really enjoying the fast paced world of medical transcription. It doesn't pay as well as my old jobs in KC, but, I get to work at home. I can work in my pajamas (and I do most days!) In fact, this week, I didn't leave the house except to take Josh to school on Tuesday and Wednesday. Finally Friday I got to bust out of here.

Jeff is keeping super busy with work as usual. He did a bunch of training with some guys from KC, Wyoming and the Mechanical Integrity guys from across the street from his office. This week he is going to Houston for a seminar (I think that is what he said it is.) Hopefully he will enjoy much nicer weather than we have here! I think that I will be calling the neighbor to see if he will dig me out tomorrow. I hate that! I wouldn't feel so bad about it if we knew them better. Oh well.

My dad and Pauline are doing okay. My dad goes to the doctor on February 3rd to find out when he will start his radiation treatments. He will go five days a week for 6 weeks. I pray that this will be the answer to our prayers and that he will be healed. Cancer sucks. On another cancer sucks note, my sister-in-law Tara's dad has been diagnosed with lung cancer. I am not sure what the most recent news is, but he has had surgery, and I believe that they are waiting to see what his treatment plan will be. This is a very scary time for Tara and her family, and I am sure that any extra prayers sent her family's way would be greatly appreciated.

Kara, David, Taly and Niko are fairing well (I think). They live in Tucson, and were thankfully nowhere near the tragic shootings that took place two weeks ago. Kara is coming to SD in March. Hopefully we will be able to get together with them while they are home. Niko is turning 1 on February 22nd and Taly will be 4 on April 9th. So much fun!

Well, I should go get to bed.

No comments: