CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 2, 2011

December and Wedding

Happy New Year to my three or so readers... lol! I hope that anyone who reads this had a wonderful holiday season with family and friends. A lot has happened since my last post. I started part of my new job. I am working at editing transcription for a radiology group. I am really enjoying it, and learning a lot! It is a completely different animal than plastic surgery! Everyday I learn something new. I think that between the two jobs, I am really cleaning the cobwebs out of my brain! It is a good feeling!

I had the great joy of going to my sister's wedding during the month of December. While I did have a fantastic time, it wasn't without some drama! Poor Pauline got sick the first night that we were there, and we ended up having to call the ambulance. Thankfully, it was just a really bad case of the flu, and about 36 hours later, she was good to go. I had bothered Kara a lot about having the rehearsal dinner on Thursday, but it really worked out well. If it had been Friday, Pauline would not have been able to go. So, with Pauline down for the count, I got to spend Friday with Lois, Kara, Dad, Natalya and Niko. What a good time. It would have been better if we weren't stuck in the hotel room the entire time, but oh well! I also got to experience my first In & Out burger. My friend Kim (and many others I am sure) have been telling me about this place FOREVER. It was good, but I don't know if it was all that everyone cracked it up to be! I think 5 Guys is equally as good, if not better. I also got to experience Tucson only 1 week before Christmas. While I appreciated getting away from the cold Nebraska weather, I didn't really love fighting with all the people trying to do their Christmas shopping. While I realized that Tucson was only 1 hour from Mexico, I did not realize that everyone drives up to Tucson FROM Mexico to get their Christmas shopping done. Let's just say that it was... CRAZY!

With Pauline feeling better, Kara, Pauline, Miroslava, Clariza and I headed to the salon on Saturday morning. Other than the whole ambulance thing, this was my least favorite, by far! My experience was awful. The lady who did my makeup was awesome, and I liked that. However, the old dude that did my hair, did not understand at all what I wanted for my hair. Even after we told him that I didn't like it and he re-did it, it was STILL awful. Do you remember the scene in Steel Magnolias after Shelby's funeral, where Sally Fields is talking to all the women. She asks to see a mirror and starts crying and says, "Shelby was right. It DOES look like a brown football helmet!" I had that moment and even referenced the movie while I was sobbing with Kara and Pauline on our way to do errands. Thankfully I am perfectly capable of salvaging my own hair! And Kara looked AMAZING! I don't think I have ever seen someone look so beautiful.

After a couple hours of pictures, the wedding went off without a hitch. Kara and David are married... AGAIN! And the party started. We stayed until a little after 10 (11 our time) and then headed back to the hotel. Lois and I wanted to finish off our wine (that is a story for another time!)

No comments: